When creating content for your website, you’ll need to organize your content into sections. This is so you can reference each section in your menu. Your menu will serve as a way for quickly scroll to a section you’d like to view. For example, clicking the About menu item will automatically scroll the page to the About section.
Please read below for detailed instructions on how to set up a one page smooth scroll navigation menu.
- Navigate to the tab on your WordPress admin panel.
- Click the link. Give it a name, then click the button.
- In the left sidebar, expand the tab.
- In the field, enter your website home address and the section ID you’ve assigned to a section on your page. For example, if this menu item links to your About us section, then it would be . Please note that you have to enter it with a hashtag (#) in order to scroll to the section properly.
- Once you’ve added the Anchor Name ID to the “URL” field, enter a name for the field. This is simply the menu item’s text. For example, About us.
- When finished filling in those fields, click the button.
- Under the section, you’ll find all the menu items you’ve just created. Expand each menu item and edit it’s settings.
- Once you’re done creating your custom menu items, click “Save Menu”.
- You’re done. Refresh your page and check the results.